Child Tax Credit:
Who the Tax Credit Applies To:
- Child must be a U.S. citizen.
- Child must live with you for more than half of the year.
- Child cannot provide more than half of his support.
- $75,000 Single or head of household
- $110,000 Married filing joint
- $55,000 Married filing separate
How to Claim the Child Tax Credit:
To claim the child tax credit, you must file Form 1040 or Form 1040A. Check the box on line 6c. If you do not have enough tax liability to claim the full amount, you may qualify for the additional child tax credit.
You can use CompleteTax to estimate the impact of the child tax credit on your tax return.